Monday, February 27, 2012

Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle, Book 4)

Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle, Book 4)


Reviews



I grew up reading the Inheritance Cycle, which might be why I love it so much. Eragon and Saphira were almost like alter-egos to me. I have read Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr twice each (to make sure that the story stays fresh in my mind) and recently finished Inheritance. I started reading the Inheritance Cycle around age 10, at which point it was supposed to be the Inheritance Trilogy, and have always enjoyed the books.

While I can partly agree with those who say there were many mysteries and side-plots left unfinished in the Inheritance Cycle, I loved Inheritance regardless. Of course I am curious about the unsolved mysteries, but I personally do not believe that Christopher Paolini simply forgot to finish them; I believe that he purposefully left them without an ending so that the reader can finish the epic tales of Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Arya, Nasuada, Roran, Katrina, Angela, etc. on his or her own. Not only that, but I can also imagine that Paolini did not want to end their stories for his own personal reasons as well. Because he started the Inheritance Cycle at age 15, he grew up with the characters even more than I did, and I can't imagine that he would be any happier to part with them than I am. Instead of solving every mystery and defining every relationship in the world of Alagaesia, I believe that Paolini gave enough of a conclusion to satisfy readers and then left the rest to our imaginations.

Considering all of this, not only am I thankful that Paolini allows me, as a reader and a fan, to continue to imagine what is happening in the world of Alagaesia and beyond, but I am also happy and proud for Paolini, I am pleased with how he ended it all, and I am anxiously awaiting the next brilliant piece of literature that comes from his precociously imaginative mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment